Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Actual Cool Jams

Hello world (or should I say, "Hi Sarah and sometimes Jessica and maybe even our moms"). Instead of writing about identity formation in terms of gender/ language and the effects time and memory have on the way we experience life/instill meaning.. 0_o is right.. I'm illegally downloading cool jams such as Bibio (how precious/ happy baby/ smile time/ happiness infusing is "Lovers carving" even?), Beach Fossils, Phantogram, Thao with the Get Down Stay Down, The Black Keys, Deerhunter and now the new Arcade Fire. Yawls need to git on that Cool Jam train and ride it to Cool Jamtown in which I am the conductor of Good Times and Grooves. Beach Fossils is kinda New Order-ish, so obviously they rule.

Also, on a scale of 1 to 10 how embarrassing is it that I don't hate that Train song which is constantly on the radio? TRAIN, DUDE. I LIKE IT. What does that mean? The one that goes "Hey soul sister hang on mister mister" (as if I care enough to look up the actual words, you catch my drift I'm sure) and kiiinda sounds like it would be a Jason Maraz song, which is why I want to hate on it so badly but I just can't seem to muster up distaste for it. I think its maybe because my mom likes it, so I find that precious, thus like when I hear it. Speaking of Songs That Rule but I Probably Shouldn't Like/ Love.. "Beautiful Girls" and "Airplane" by B.o.B? WHY THEY GOTTA BE SO CATCHY?

Anywiz, I was thinking we could do this thing called People From N.J Who Rule, in which we feature.. people from Jerz who rule. Mostly to bring the lolz, but also to spread peace, love and light (Danielle from NJ Housewives' new motto, even though she spreads nothing but hate, fear and evil dog face glares) and perhaps to even learn a thing er two 'bout a thing er two.

You saw the band Real Estate in Asbury once right? Well they even played at the Roision in Galway but I had just missed them! So instead I stole one of their posters and will write about them here. I guess now that I'm writing about them I don't have much to say besides I like them.. I'll have to put more thought into People from N.J Who Rule next time. Oh, but Soft Pack and The Growlers are also good and kind of sound like Best Coast. Also, I need a lesson on how to post pictures/ videos and the like to spice this baby up.

Love, Bro (Me/ Abby)

No comments:

Post a Comment