Friday, June 11, 2010

Ode to Poor Person Hair/ Home

So what are the cool jams with blogs? Update often/ on the dailyish or should I be playing hard to get or something because otherwise I'm committing social suicide/ ruining my reputation... or does no one care because no one reads this besides Sas and I? Right. If a person writes in a blog and no one reads it... does it exist? Shut up? Well good thing this is more of a love letter/ collection of musings to my Sista Fran Cunningham than I don't even know what.

In response to the Four B's, yawls for sure covered the bases. In terms of beards, I realized that when it comes to LiKiNg b0iZ, my type is simply "beard". I mean, obvz I need humor, intelligence, kindness. But he also has to have the ability to grow a beard. I'm actually all for any kind of folic experimentation, I think its funny. I won't hate on a mustache or chops, even a mullet is a funny for like a week, but I WILL hate on a soul patch, I can promise you that. There's no soul in a soul patch, just douchebaggary. I don't condone it. I also realized that I might need to reflect on that fact, as I actually have a true life crush on a homeless man. This situation could possibly get cool if life were a movie in which the plot chronicled as I, a young and driven woman, fall in love with a homeless nomad who wears skirts, only his eyes and nose are visible through his jungle of tangled and dirty hair, and he is never without his hoola hoop and jelly beans (...seriously. He's never without them). Sure, at first society judges us for our unorthodox relationship, and the middle of the movie is filled with Nike Drake songs conveying the dismal turn life has taken after our devastating breakup, yet we ultimately realize that love conquers all and we get together and Miike Snow's "Animal" plays as we drive away into my car and I buy an old farm house for us to live in (because duh he has no money) and we play music and make things. But life is not a movie, and people (besides Sarah) grow alarmed at the fact that I lust after a homeless man.

Even if I don't end up with a homeless man, I still want my future home to look like a homeless family lived there. (How spoiled rich girl do I sound? I just mean I love shabby chic, decaying/ ivy covered/ overgrown by flowers/ weeds kinda joint with brick walls, fire places, tall ceilings, giant windows, hardwood floors with which I would decorate with throw rugs and millions of pictures on the walls [hello0o0 nice things folder**] books spilling out from any and every available crevice and chandeliers/ weirdy light fixtures). I want an old farm house and make it my comfy cozy home. I want to be like Estelle in Great Expectations, the Gwyneth Paltrow/ Ethan Hawke movie adaptation. Obvz I don't want to be a clown make up wearing/ depressingly alone/ gossip monger/ life ruiner, I just kinda want her house. See:

http://www.jonie.snn.gr/images/great1.jpg ...I kiiinda love her. And I kinda want a sun room which gets nasty natural lighting and is almost a kind of green house.

http://www.scout-holiday.com/Temp/roomoutside.jpg ...a tree growing in the middle of the living room? Perfect much?

When I learn how to post pictures I'll provide a more accurate description of my future dream living spaces, which of course are pretty much the same as Sarah's dream living spaces. And since she learns the design jumpoff at her school she has even more to say on the topic besides "that's pretty"... which is kinda all I gotta offer on the subject. I LIAK WUT I LIAK YAWL.

** my nice things folder is where I stuff aesthetically pleasing photos I find while surfing da web. It is so chock full of pretty pictures of people/ architecture/ art/ nature that every moment of my existence I expect my computer to start exploding and instantaneously combust.

So long,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment